Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Desperate isn't pretty and it's moving into new neighborhoods

As a pretty keen observer of life in general (if only I did as much as I observe!) it's easy to see that something is amiss in the world. Now that I've got you smirking and thinking to yourself -- like that's a news flash -- what I mean is this: money is a problem. Again, no big flash there. But in my musings of people I come in contact with most, it's a problem for one demographic in a different way... and that would be single mothers, of all ages, who aren't sure where to turn, who aren't accustomed to not knowing where to turn, and who strive, amidst it all, to maintain a grace and dignity that's missing in far too many areas of our society. With that said, I'd like to follow a few single moms who are willing to journal on a regular basis and share the ups (not so many) and downs (too many to count) of struggling in an economy that's uncertain and perhaps most of all, uncomfortable. On many levels. Join me as we take a look at what "desperate" is wearing this season ... the profile in the mirror might just surprise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment